The much awaited Jumia Black Friday 2017 Festival is around the corner. Whether you’re in Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Abuja, Black Friday is fast becoming the biggest and best day in the shopping year to hunt for a bargain.
Though its roots lie in America, the pre-Christmas shopping frenzy made its way to Nigeria some years back and while the discounts are traditionally on for one day only, some shops such as Jumia, extend their discounts during the week too. But this year is a special exception as Jumia is holding the Black Friday sales for a whole month.
When is Jumia Black Friday 2017 Festival?
This year Jumia Black Friday 2017 falls on November 13 to December 13, 2017.
Why is it called Black Friday?
While nobody is entirely certain of where the name comes from there are a couple of potential explanations.
For some it marks the day that retailers books go from red to black as they make their biggest profit of the year.
But others say that the name originated from the American police during the 1950s and 1960s to describe the chaos that ensued as Thanksgiving shoppers poured into town causing terrible traffic jams.
What deals can I expect?
As you’d expect, brands remain fairly tight-lipped about which products they will be discounting, but looking back on past Jumia Black Friday’s you can expect to find deals on everything from TV’s and laptops, to clothes, games and consoles, make-up, wedding and groceries.
Online retailers like Jumia typically go all-out. Look at the screen shot below on what you can expect.
How to get a Jumia Black Friday bargain
Whether you’re one of many brave sale-seekers hitting the high street or you’re staying in and surfing the world-wide-web there are few things to keep in mind when hunting for the best Black Friday bargains.
Firstly, many of these deals are only available for a limited time so it’s important to be prepared and prioritize your shopping time accordingly.
And, while it can also be tempting to buy things on a whim, try to plan what you want beforehand so you don’t overspend too much.
Last of all, make sure you know your return rights. While most stores don’t change their policy for the sake of a few days, it’s best to check it out in advance so you’re not stuck with spur of the moment buys you don’t really want.
I have put together this amazing information on 25 plus checklist actions to do before, during and after the Jumia Black Friday 2017 festivals to get the best deal, save money, top secret tips to win free gift and giveaways and avoid any problem with your shopping experience.
To-Do-List Before Jumia Black Friday 2017 Festival
In this section, you will find information eight things you need to do before the Jumia Black Friday Festival 2017 begins.
Step 1 - Draft Your Shopping List
First things first. Draft a list of items you will like to purchase by making a scale of preference of what you need. (Smartphone’s, TV sets, Game consoles, shoes, clothing, groceries and just about anything). Follow these steps to draft your list:
- Make a rough list of all the items you will shop online. Don’t go overboard and stay within your budget. You can write this in a sheet of paper.
- Organize your list by category and sub-category. Jumia organize their product by categories. While you're writing down your shopping list, you should make an effort to join different things into similar group. Put all clothing in a "fashion" section. Leave a bit of space at the bottom of each category. You will often think of things you need at last minute, and it helps to have a bit of space left over to write them in. Some of the popular categories are Fashion, Groceries, Phones & Tablets, Home & Office, Baby, Kids & Toys, Computing, TVs & Electronics, Health & Beauty, Watches & Sunglasses, Games & Consoles and other categories. You may also use my shopping list template (available at the ends of this post) to arrange your list.
- Specify quantity wherever applicable. Quantity is an important part of any shopping list. Although given quantities are sometimes left off a list, it's good to know how much you should get of an item in advance. Listing specific quantities is very important if you have a certain recipe in mind.
- Keep your list balanced. Particularly when you're shopping for groceries or fashion, it's a smart idea to keep your purchases as balanced as possible. Even if you're going shopping with one essential thing in mind, a successful online shopping will try to hit as many bases as possible. Keeping your grocery bag filled with dairy, meats, grains and other items like toiletries will leave you feeling like you accomplished more with your shopping than if you simply went for a specialized, one-item run. Same as having a pair of shirt, trouser and shoes compared to an item.
- Emphasize healthy choices. Part of the charm in making a shopping list beforehand is that it enables you to make the healthiest choices. People who shop without lists are more prone to succumbing to impulse purchases. When you're planning out your list, try to think how each item will affect your life in the long run. Because you won't have the temptation directly in front of you, you'll be able to better judge which options are the best for your life. Even if you are going to participate in Flash Sales, you can still make sure it is something you need.
- Write out a final copy.All of the information you'll have for your shopping list may be disorganized in its pure note form. Depending on the size of your shopping list, it may be worth the extra time it takes to write up a "final draft" of your list. Write out the items more neatly, and group them out according to their category. It may feel like extra work, but you'll be saved time online if your list is legible and properly outlined. I have included a Shopping list template at the end of this post, be sure to download it even if you are going to write it out. It details the information you need to have handy before you head online to make purchases.
- Have a back-up list. Black Friday shopping is full of surprises. One minute you see a product, the next minute it’s all sold. The best way to avoid being cut unaware is to have a back-up shopping list. It’s more like if I can’t get this product, I will go for that product. This is especially important if you are shopping high end products like phone, gadgets, TV, fashion and other products. The best way to do this is to have a duplicate shopping list, and fill alternative product for what you are shopping. I have this covered in my template below.
STEP 2 - Search and Compare Products
There are four ways to search and find products on Jumia. You can search through product catalog, search function, featured campaigns and featured products.
However, when shopping on a multi-vendor site like Jumia, it’s important to consider all the factors such as product review, sellers rating, brand and seller’s trustworthiness. You will see that Jumia will not be heard accountable for any experience you have with a seller.
For best shopping experience, I have been able to come up with special posts that will help you compare the best products in any category. Currently, we are putting together best deals and top products from popular brands and products for Jumia Black Friday sales. You will also be able to compare same product from different brands, review and recommendations.
Because most of the vendors keep their cards close to their chest, I will say the best deals are yet to come in. But you can be ahead of the game if you narrow down your list with MLM Deals best seller & top products post for Jumia Black Friday.
Here is an example on Innjoo Phones - Best Selling Infinix Phones For Jumia Black Friday 2017 Festival.
Here is what you need to do.
- Register here on MLM Deals Website to review and compare products.
- Submit your shopping list in step 1 above to MLM Deals’ team so that we can direct you to posts on the best and top deals from Jumia Black Friday sale on your shopping list. These posts will be updated with the latest deals leading to the event and you will be notified. This will save you from spending more for what you can get less with higher quality.
- Read and review our best-selling posts for Jumia Black Friday Sales.
Step 3 - Register On Jumia Website and Complete Your Profile
To buy anything on the e-commerce store, you need to have a verified account with them. So if you don’t already, head on to Jumia, open your customer account and verify it conveniently right now. Or is it the time that people are using to “add to cart” and “check out” you want to start creating your new Jumia account, wait for the verification code, verify and shop?
Black Friday sales happen in minutes and if you are not ready, you won’t be able to buy your choice product or deal. Follow these steps to make your shopping account ready:
- Register on Jumia
- Complete your shipping address. Make sure you use the address where you would want to redeem your order. It could be home or office address.
Step 4 - Do a demo order on Jumia
This step is only for those who do not know how to order products online. Watch this video on how to place an order on Jumia.
Pick a product with a discount voucher and place an order on it. Go through the process up to the point of payment but don’t make payment. Make sure you enter the voucher to reduce the cost of the product. Now rate your experience. You are aiming for 5/5 because anything less may cost you valuable time.
Time is your biggest asset when shopping on Jumia Black Friday. If you need help getting along, reach us through any of the platform I will provide below.
Step 5 - Decide on your payment method.
Jumia has three payment methods namely Credit/Debit Card, Pay on Delivery and Jumia Pay. If you choose Jumia Pay, you will enjoy additional 5% discount. You can learn more about Jumia payment methods by visiting how to pay on Jumia.
Whatever method you choose, make sure you have money ready in the account or at home if it is pay on delivery. Note that if you choose pay on delivery, you may not be able to access some deals.
If you have concerns over security, you can use Jumia Pay but note that you need to set this in advance before the program begins.
Step 6 - Decide on your delivery method.
Jumia has three delivery methods namely Jumia Express, Non Jumia Express and Jumia Global. If you choose Jumia Global, products will be shipped from overseas. You can learn more about Jumia delivery and timeline by visiting Jumia delivery and timeline.
Note that each product may have specific delivery method. I suggest you include mode of shipping for each product on your list in the shopping list template I provide at the end of this post.
Step 7 - Signup for Flash Sales Alerts and Deal Updates
Information about the Jumia Black Friday sales is sketchy now and if you miss important updates, there is no need to follow the program in the first place.
Every day there will be flash sales where you can get up to 80% discount on great products. There will also be gifts, giveaways, awards such as flight tickets to Europe, Samsung 40 inch HD Flat TV, LG Home theatre system and brand new Ford Figo car.
We have put a platform in place to notify you of these updates. In addition to this, if you submit your shopping list above, you will also get updates on better deals relating to your shopping list from other trusted vendors on Jumia. This will ensure you save more money while getting a better deal.
Watch out for special discounted coupon from us for the Jumia Black Friday Sale when you sign up. Subscribe to our flash sales alert with any or all of the methods below.
- Join WhatsApp group alert. Visit: https://chat.whatsapp.com/3vOJ9YRlJCA8M0ivWO8I0q
- Join Jumia Black Friday Facebook Group. Visit: https://www.facebook.com/groups/JumiaBlackFriday/
- SMS Alert. This one will cost you N500. You will receive two alerts daily for 30 days on flash deals and special info. WhatsApp 08073102012 if interested.
Step 8 - Review Important information
One of the biggest mistakes Nigerians make when shopping online is that they don’t care about the legal accepts of their shopping experience. But when they run into trouble, they will later find out they have breached one of the terms putting them at the mercy of the vendor.
There is important information you need to be familiar with before the D-day. These include:
- Return Policy. No one go for shopping with the intension of returning a product but believes me you may need to do that at some point. However, if you miss the return period or break one of the rule, you may have shot yourself in the leg. Learn more by visiting Jumia Return Policy.
- Another important thin to check out is the terms and condition for shopping on Jumia. Learn more by visiting Jumia Terms & Conditions.
- Pick up stations This is optional if you expect delivery at home.
- Use of Voucher. Check out the process and questions and answers about use of vouchers when placing orders on Jumia.
- Review Quality Guide. As a marketplace, Jumia source from various vendors to bring you a wide assortment of products and sometimes these vendors may fall short on quality. This is why it is important that customers leave reviews for the products they have purchased and also check existing reviews before they buy. Learn more by visiting Jumia Review Quality Guide.
- Frequently Asked Question. This is worth checking out if you have any question in mind. But if your question is about the Black Friday sales, you may submit them in the platform I shared above.
Step 9 - Be sure to subscribe to the best network in your area
This is the most important part of it all. If you leave in area with poor network, make inquiry of the best network in your area and make sure you have it on your phone or laptop.
You may also move to area with strong reception on any day you wish to shop. This will ensure you have smooth shopping experience and avoid uncompleted transactions.
To-Do-List During The Jumia Black Friday 2017
These are list of necessary things you need to do during the program for best shopping experience.
- Stay up-to-date with flash sales. Connect with us on any of the medium above and we will keep you up to date.
- Place order in advance. This is a top secret. Have you ever been in a gathering where they are calling out free recharge cards? Notice that before the numbers are called, the smart guys will already have dialled say for MTN *555*#. Guess what? With one hand on the send button, they put the cursor where they just start typing the number. The same apply when shopping during Black Friday sales especially with Flash sales. If you have submitted you r shopping list to us, we will notify you of upcoming flash sales and special deals including the voucher to use for the discount. All you need to do is to place your order in advance and have the products in your cart. It is more like you are on your mark, set and ready to go!
- Shop on Special Days. Jumia is giving out special awards including Flight tickets to Europe (November 13th), Samsung 40 inch HD Flat TV (November 20th), LG Home theatre system (December 4th) and brand new Ford Figo car (December 13th). Although information about this is still sketchy, I will advise that you save some money to shop on this specific date. Who knows, you could win a brand new Ford Figo car.
- Don’t go overboard. This is more like an advise, beware of impulse buying, check products delivered to you for quality to meet return policy and shop save.
To-Do-List After The Jumia Black Friday 2017
Not much here but it’s time to count your blessing. Here is what you need to do.
- Go back to Jumia and leave a review of the product you purchase.
- You can also leave review on MLM Deals website.
- Leave a feedback comment on this post on how following our steps above aid your shopping experience.
Now to the biggest deal, if you are a small business owner and would like to learn how to sell online or work from home on the internet, I will give you a bargain to join our Ecommerce Associate Program if you download the Jumia Black Friday 2017 Festival Checklist and Shopping List Template.
Download the Jumia Black Friday To-Do Checklist
Stand A Chance To Win ₦10,000 Jumia Voucher When You Download the Jumia Black Friday 2017 Festival To-Do Checklist and Shopping List Template!